Electric Saver: The Ten Rules Of Saving Electricity
There are many benefits to saving electricity in a home, apartment or condo. The most obvious benefit is that it will save you tons of money on your electric bills. During the summer time electric bills may skyrocket because of the use of the Air Conditioner. Many families may decide to use alternative methods such as fans. However running fans for hours on end may raise your power bills significantly. Saving electricity also reduces your carbon footprinting on the earth. Carbon footprinting is defined as the total amount of green house gases emitted by an event, person, group or establishment. When it comes to saving electricity there are a few rules that you should follow.
Top 10 Rules of Saving Electricity
1. The first and most powerful electric saver is regulating the amount of power being used. It is a rule of thumb to turn off lights when they are not in use. This same rule applies for anything electrical including: television, microwave, radio, video games and computers. All of these electronic devices can put a serious drain on the amount of energy that your home uses.
2. Keeping an eye on your thermostat is an awesome electric saver. It is a great idea to watch your thermostat during the winter and summer time. These two times of the year are typically the most draining to your power and your wallet. Make use of your air conditioner and your heater very sparingly.
3. Refrigerators and Freezers can put a serious drain on your wallet if you are not careful. It is important that you keep the fridge shut, the little light only shines when it is open. This is a very easy electric saver method that can be done quickly.
4. Dimming light bulbs should be replaced as soon as possible. These light bulbs may seem harmless but over the course of a few days the total electrical expenditure can really add up. Buying new light bulbs is actually a great electric saver.
5. Invest in detergent that works well with cold water. In many cases running hot water in your washing machine will increase the total amount of electrical expenditure.
6. Dripping faucet can use up as much thermal energy as running hot water through your home for two weeks. Make sure to turn them off once you are done using them.
7. Choosing a short shower over a long bath will not only help decrease your electrical use, but your water usage as well.
8. During the summer time it is important to keep the windows open to allow cool air in. During the winter time it is important to keep the windows closed to keep the house warmed up. This is a great alternative to using the HVAC unit.
9. Electricity Saver 1200! This great device can help you make use of the total amount of energy that your home expends. In many cases traditional HVAC units are very inefficient at using all of the energy that it has access to. The potential energy that is not used is lost. With the help of this device this potential energy will be recycled into your unit, offering you more usable power.
10. Nothing beats good old mother nature! It is a great idea to plant a few trees in your yard to help shade your home during the summer time. This is a great electric saver that also gives back to the earth!
Want to Start Saving Money and Electricity the Easy Way? Click The Buy Now Button below: